Start the academic year off right with these lunch ideas.
As you get your kids ready for school, you are probably short on time. Luckily, when it comes to school lunches, there are many quick and easy recipes that your kids will love to eat. Here are some of the time-saving lunch ideas for you to test this school year.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Apples
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup jelly
- Slice apples into 1/4-inch rounds. Use a small cookie cutter to cut the core from the center of each slice.
- Spread peanut butter on jelly on half of the slices then cover with the remaining halves.
Ham and Cheese Sandwich Skewers
- deli ham
- cubed yellow cheddar
- white bread cut into squares
- bread & butter pickles
- Layer each ingredient on a skewer and serve.
- 6 oz. ham (or salami)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- pinch of paprika
- 2 tsp. chopped dill (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium dill pickles
- For each roll-up, lay two slices of ham onto a cutting board and top with about a tablespoon of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika, dill (if using), and pepper. Place a pickle in the center and roll the ham around the pickles.
- Slice roll-up into four pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately, with toothpicks if desired.
Try out these quick and easy lunch ideas this back-to-school season. Do you need help with your insurance this school year? If so, then contact the experts at Weaver & Associates in Arcadia California for assistance today.