Now that we’ve covered the basics of boat insurance, let’s take a look at the 10 most common boat insurance claims. Knowing what kinds of incidents are most commonly covered by boat insurance can help you better understand the kinds of coverage you need and help you prepare if something unexpected happens.
- Collision: Collision claims are one of the most common types of boat insurance claims. This type of claim covers any damages caused by a collision between your boat and another vessel, an object in the water, or another structure.
- Fire: Fire claims are also fairly common, and they cover any damages caused by a fire that affects your boat. This could include damages caused by an onboard fire, as well as damages caused by a fire nearby.
- Theft: Theft claims cover any losses that you may incur if your boat is stolen or vandalized.
- Weather–related damages: Boat insurance policies typically cover any damages that are caused by severe weather, such as lightning, wind, or hail.
- Sinking: If your boat sinks due to a covered peril, your boat insurance policy may cover the loss.
- Personal property: Boat insurance policies typically cover any personal property that is damaged or lost due to an accident. This could include fishing equipment, electronics, and other items that are stored on your boat.
- Towing and salvage: If your boat needs to be towed or salvaged after an accident, your boat insurance policy may cover the costs associated with these services.
- Uninsured boaters: If you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured boater, your boat insurance policy may cover any losses or damages that you incur.
- Pollution liability: Boat insurance policies may also cover any costs associated with pollution liability, such as cleaning up an oil spill if your boat is responsible for one.
- Medical payments: Finally, boat insurance policies can cover any medical expenses that are incurred by a passenger or anyone else who is injured in an accident involving your boat.
Cover Your Boat Insurance with Weaver & Associates Insurance
If you’re looking for the right boat insurance policy to protect yourself and your vessel, Weaver & Associates Insurance Agents and Brokers can help. We offer a wide range of boat insurance policies that can provide the coverage you need to stay safe and secure while you’re out on the water. Contact us today to learn more about our boat insurance policies and get a free quote.