Learn how you can navigate the road safely this spring.
For many drivers across the country, spring brings rain and the aftereffects of winter weather. These road conditions can result in an accident if you are not careful. If you want to stay safe while behind the wheel this season, make sure you try out these spring driving safety tips.
1) If you are facing wet driving conditions, it’s important to reduce your speed and increase your following distance. Driving too quickly on wet roads can cause your tires to lose traction and make you skid.
2) Warmer spring weather means that there will be more motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians on the road. Make sure that you watch out for these other parties and take steps to ensure their safety as you dive.
3) The start of spring means the beginning of allergy season for many people. If you are taking over-the-counter allergy medication to help alleviate your symptoms, it’s important to understand how the medication affects your ability to drive. If your medication leaves you feeling drowsy or unfocused, you should not get behind the wheel for your safety and the safety of others.
4) Wet weather means that you might encounter large puddles on the road. If possible, do what you can to avoid these bodies of water. Not only can the wet surface cause your car to skid, but puddles might also conceal hidden hazards such as broken glass or shards of metal. Additionally, driving through a puddle could also impair the functionality of your brakes.
5) Harsh winter weather conditions can leave potholes in the roadway. Deep potholes can throw your car out of alignment, and can even require you to purchase a new wheel and tire. It’s best to avoid potholes if you want to avoid costly and potentially dangerous damages to your vehicle.
This spring, try out these driving tips to help you stay safe. Want another way to keep yourself safe behind the wheel? Make sure you have the proper auto insurance protections in place. To find the right policies to fit your needs, contact the team at Weaver & Associates in Arcadia, CA. Our dedicated team is ready to get you covered today.